The automobile tire is the only part on the automobile and the ground contact, the importance is self-evident.Well, do you know how to maintain car tires?
1. Inflate the tire
It is said that it is best to fill car tires with nitrogen in the summer, because nitrogen is an inert gas and will not expand at high temperatures.(Personally, this is not very useful since nitrogen accounts for 78.08% of the total air volume), but pay attention to the manufacturer's different inflation recommendations when cooling and hot tire pressure.
2. Tire pressure
It is important to note that tyre pressure affects driving safety and tyre life.
1) Excessive tire pressure will lead to a tire explosion when running into sharp stones and rolling kerbs.It also reduces the tyre's contact area with the ground and reduces grip, which affects speed improvement and braking.At the same time, this will increase wear on the top of the tire and reduce its service life.It also affects shock absorption, causing bumpy driving and reducing vehicle comfort.
2) Low tire pressure will increase the contact area between tires and the ground, increase friction and reduce fuel economy.At the same time, wear on both sides of the tire will also increase, the service life will also shorten.
Therefore, it is necessary to check the tire pressure regularly.(Many high-end cars now have their own pressure-monitoring features.
3. Tire cleaning
1) Regularly go to professional service stations to clean tires.If there are stones, nails or other foreign bodies in the tread groove, the crown of the tire will be deformed, it should be repaired or replaced in time.
2) Check whether the tire side is worn, cut or stabbed, and whether the cord is exposed. If so, replace it in time.
4. Take preventive measures
1) Avoid exposure to chemicals, such as oils and acids, to prevent tire corrosion, deformation and softening.
2) In the hot summer, avoid being exposed to the sun for a long time when parking, so as not to cause premature tire aging.
3) Try to avoid potholes or road teeth when driving to prevent the tire from hitting potholes or road teeth, resulting in tire deformation or bulge, which may lead to a puncture in severe cases.
5. Adjustment and replacement
1) Under normal circumstances, when the wear limit symbol on the tire reaches or the tread depth is less than 1.6mm, a new tire must be replaced.At this point, the grip of the tires will be reduced, which will affect acceleration and braking, and also reduce the safety of use.2) Regularly replace the front and rear tires to make the four wheels wear evenly;
2) If it is found that the vehicle often runs off-track and turns unsteadily, four-wheel positioning must be carried out and adjusted as soon as possible to eliminate hidden dangers.
Note: Under normal circumstances, the service life of the tire is three years, or 50,000 to 60,000 kilometers.If you want to use it for a longer period of time, try to avoid bad driving habits such as braking hard and accelerating hard, and drive less on bumpy roads.